Bajaj aviation is a charter helicopter service that has been providing hassle free helicopter service to devotees from the helipad located in Phata to the helipad of Kedarnath which is located at a distance of just 500 metres from the main temple. The helicopter services between Kedarnath and Phata will only commence after the opening dates of the main temple of Kedarnath during Akshaya Tritiya till the day of closing of the temple Kapat at Bhai Dooj. The helicopter services may also be suspended during the monsoon months due to torrential rains and unexpected weather changes.
Being one of the most ancient and sacred of all the Jyotirlingas that dot the Indian subcontinent, Kedarnath is known for being one of the holiest destinations for devout Hindus as well as Shaivites. Lakhs of domestic as well as international pilgrims and devotees make it a point to visit this Dham.
- Bajaj aviation helicopter services commence from Dehradun at the Sahastradhara helipad. Reach the helipad 1 hour before the scheduled time of departure of the chopper.
- You will be reaching Phata helipad where you will be transferred to a shuttle chopper which will transfer you to Kedarnath helipad which is situated at a distance of just 500 metres from the main entrance of the temple.
- You will be made to go on VIP darshan via your priority darshan pass which will allow you to skip the long line waiting outside the temple.
- After 3 hours of the given darshan timings you will be made to head back to Kedarnath helipad near the temple.
- You will finally be flown back to the source helipad in Dehradun of Sahastradhara helipad.
Leave a Reply