Located at a distance of 3 kms from the scenic hill town of Harsil, is a quaint village hamlet of Mukhba. Known for its pristine beauty this part of the Himalayas offers some of the most spectacular views of the surrounding, snow-clad mountain peaks. Situated at an elevation of 2,620 metres above sea level, the clear sky above the village of Mukhba displays brilliant hues of blue that cannot be se...
The gleaming white Dham of Gangotri is known for being the seat of Goddess Ganga. Situated at an elevation of 3,100 metres above sea level and surrounded by the snow clad mountain peaks of the greater Himalayan regions this Dham is one of the most celebrated of all the Char Dham sites of Uttarakhand. Sitting by the banks of the holy river of Bhagirathi the natural beauty, grace and elegance of this place still remains incomparable.
History of Gangotri Dham:
It is believed that the stunning white temple of Goddess Ganga marks the spot where the holiest river in the heavenly as well as the earthly realm had descended. This iconic phenomenon took place after the continuous and deep penance which was performed by the king Bhagirath for his great-grandfather and his other ancestors who were still to attain moksha even after several years. After performing deep penance with devotion the goddess in heaven agreed to descend itself on earth and wipe away the ashes of his ancestors and provide them with moksha.
- By Road – The temple of Gangotri can be easily accessed by covering a simple road journey. If you are planning on making a Gangotri Dham journey from Delhi or Rishikesh then you should know that it is located at a distance of 452 kms from Delhi and at a distance of 229 kms from the holy town of Rishikesh.
- By Rail – the closest railway station is situated in Rishikesh at a distance of 249 kms from where you can easily hire a cab or a taxi. You can also opt for local or private bus services heading towards Gangotri.
Gangotri Dham Helicopter Yatra:
If you choose to go to Gangotri Dham by helicopter then you have to make sure that you make your bookings way early than the date of departure. Your helicopter departure will take place from the Sahasradhara airport which is located in Dehradun. You will be arriving at the scenic hill town of Harsil after which you will be duly driven to the Dham shrine which is located at a driving distance of 25 kms which will take almost 1 to 2 hours to complete. This service is available for people looking to make the journey in a limited amount of time and especially for people who are physically incapable of making this journey. There are also Do Dham Yatra and Char Dham Yatra services available for everyone who wishes to go on this spiritual journey quickly and in a hassle free manner.
General Terms and Conditions:
- A maximum of 4 passengers are allowed inside 1 helicopter at one time.
- The overall passenger weight should not exceed over 300 kgs, so it is advisable for you to carry only the important and essential luggage weighing up to 5 kgs.
- The helicopter reserves the right to reject flight services to anyone who may seem questionable to them or if someone’s luggage weighs more. this will be done on the spot and no prior notice will be given
- The passengers are also requested to carry a small essentials bag of not more than 2 kgs. If you do not meet this weight terms and conditions then you will be immediately denied entry into the chopper.
- Do confirm your booking in advance since all the prices are subject to change without any sort of a prior notice.
- The cancellation policy depends mostly on the helicopter company’s policies which are mostly as follows:
- 30 days or more – 10% of the package cost.
- 15 to 30 days – 50% of the total package cost.
- Within 15 days – no refund
- Note – Remember that in case of road blockages or any other naturally occurring obstructions no refunds will be made.
For Further Information
Please fill up the below Enquire form or call our trip Advisor
Call us our Yatra Expert No +91 – 9911884413 / +91 -9911882213/ +91 9911415288/ +91-7042699299
Get the best Holiday Offers
Email Us at :- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
24 x 7 Online chat support on Whatsapp / Viber/ Hike/ Wechat +91 9911884413