Say yoga or Ayurveda, and one can’t help but think of India. These ancient healing, spiritualised sciences had their origins in the beautiful nation. Even today, scores of people from around the world seek the land for the promise of healing and spiritual rejuvenation these healing arts offer.
If you are looking for a wellness inspired sabbatical then nothing would be better than planning a yoga and Ayurveda tour in India, following are the reasons why:
- Pioneering Nation: Wellness centers completely dedicated to yoga and Ayurveda is a concept that has been pioneered by India. Credit goes to Kerala where first of its kind Ayurveda resort was set up, this has helped India gain the first mover advantage in yoga and Ayurveda tour industry. Many more resorts came after that in different parts of the country but Kerala became the world hub for Ayurveda resorts. Ancient mastery in both the arts is here in India which helped it capturing the pioneer opportunity to its fullest.
- Specially tailored holistic health routine: At an Ayurveda resort, you will be made to follow a routine that will remove the wear and tear caused on your mind, body and soul. The holistic health routine will include waking up in the morning and practicing yoga Asanas, going through the day unwinding with aromatic herbal massages, having food prepared using less oil and spices, meditation for rejuvenation etc. There are resorts offering specially tailored routines and personal trainers for special medical cases also.
- Tranquil surroundings: Resorts of Ayurveda and Yoga in India are set up among the most beautiful of surroundings. For instance, there are resorts nestled in the mighty Himalayas, ones located on breath-taking view of beach sides or ones located in grasslands completely away from the hustle and bustle of the city. And not only the superficial pleasure but these resorts also boast of tranquil surroundings characterized by calmness and peace prevailing all around.
- Treatment for chronic ailments: Some resorts in India are specialized in the treatment of chronic ailments like blood pressure, paralysis, asthma, arthritis etc. Special healing exercises, yoga and meditation regime clubbed with a properly planned diet adjusting to the specific bodily needs of people with such illnesses make them the first choice. Also there are innovated massage therapies for special medical cases which have been proven to provide long term relief.
- Packages for couples: What could be better than spending days with your beloved in the lap of nature, unlaxing and enjoying the wellness treatments together? While on a yoga and ayurveda tour in India, couples can get very good options as there are specially dedicated suites and activities which can be included in the itinerary for planning a blissful and reposeful vacation for both the partners. Enjoying massages together is the highlight here we must say!
Love for these two ancient arts pulls crowds from different parts of the world to India.