Summit Aviation offers secure and safe helicopter journey to Kedarnath from the helipad of Phata. With the opening of the temple Kapat Summit Aviation also presents you with a range of exclusive packages focused primarily at taking you back and forth from Kedarnath Dham to Phata.
In order to keep the safety of the pilgrims intact the helicopter services are suspended for a few days during the months of monsoon.
- You will depart from Sahastradhara airport in Dehradun as per your given time. Remember to reach the helipad 1 hour before the time of scheduled time of departure.
- After 45 minutes of air travel you will be reaching the helipad at Sersi, Phata, Sitapur or Guptkashi.
- From here you will be transferred into another chopper (government rules) which will take another 15 to 20 minutes to reach the helipad of Kedarnath. This helipad is located at a mere distance of around 500 to 700 metres of the main entrance of the temple.
- You will be given 3 hours to complete your darshan (VIP) and return back to kedarnath helipad.
- Finally you will be taken back to Sahastradhara airport ending your journey with Premier.