The weather in Auli remains pleasant and inviting throughout the year. Being located on a high altitude it is the perfect getaway with your family and group of friends. No matter what time of the year you visit Auli the scenic natural beauty here welcomes you with open arms and fresh air making it the best options for a weekend getaway as well as the top winter holiday destination in India.
Here is a complete guide for weather condition in Auli if you plan on visiting this gift of god to nature:
Summer Season – The summer months in auli lasts from the months of march to June and the average temperature during this time averages to be around 15 degree Celsius. this is a great time to go camping and indulge in some outdoor adventure activities in Auli. The weather is pleasant and very comfortable for some excursion opportunities as well.
Monsoon season – The months of monsoon lasts from July to October when with the rainfall temperature also dips to as low as 12 degree Celsius. this is not an appropriate time to visit anywhere on the hills owing to the scare of unexpected landslides or harsh hailstorms. However, if you are lucky to make it there on time then you will encounter a very less crowd.
Winter season – This is probably the most awaited time of the year in Auli. The Bugyals and the meadows here gets completely covered in a thick layer of snow. the average temperature here remains to 4 degree Celsius with it even touching below 0 at times. This is a great time to observe and feel the real Himalayan chill along with indulging in activities like snow-boarding, skiing etc.
Month Wise Weather Condition in Auli:
- January: – 4 to 7 degree Celsius (extensive snow cover)
- February: 0 to 10 degree Celsius (extensive snow cover)
- March: 4 to 14 degree Celsius (some snowfall)
- April: 7 to 17 degree Celsius (clear and pleasant weather)
- May: 7 to 18 degree Celsius (clear and pleasant weather)
- June: 10 to 20 degree Celsius (clear and pleasant)
- July: 7 to 18 degree Celsius (rains with cloudy weather)
- August: 7 to 15 degree Celsius (rains with cloudy weather)
- September: 7 to 15 degree Celsius (cloudy and pleasant)
- October: 5 to 14 degree Celsius (cloudy and pleasant)
- November: 4 to 14 degree Celsius (clear and pleasant weather)
- December: 2 to 10 degree Celsius (heavy snowfall)
Preparation for Auli Visit in Winter:
- Be sure to carry all the essential winter accessories like woollen gloves, socks, mufflers, thermal inners etc. this will come in handy for keeping you safe from the harsh winter.
- To avoid snow blindness carry reflectors which will keep your eyes safe from the reflection of light to your eyes which may cause you harm.
- Remember to follow all the instructions closely and to the T as given out by your skiing and snowboarding instructors in order to avoid any unfortunate event.
- The weather is very unpredictable during the winter season in Auli so make sure you carry a portable and a good quality of raincoat in your backpack which you may need at any point.
- Be sure to carry all the relevant medications you need or may need on your trip to Auli in winter. The best thing would be to carry a first aid kit containing all the essentials like band-aids, pain medication, medication for motion sickness, vertigo etc.
Best Time to Visit:
It actually depends on what you are expecting from your visit to Auli. If you wish to indulge in some adventure activities like trekking, hiking, camping etc. then the summer season is advised for you. This is also a good time to have a spirituality related experience by including Auli in your plans for visiting Badrinath and Hemkund sahib as well. Be careful if you are planning a trip during the monsoon season due to unexpected and drastic weather changes. Overall the best time to visit would be from late September to June i.e. the winter months through the summer season.